- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 150g Spain Iberico chorizo, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion , chopped
- 3 garlic cloves , chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped (optional)
- 1 red pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 green pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp Spain Iberico Don Pablo smoked paprika (sweet or spicy, up to you!)
- 350g lentil (we prefer green lentils)
- Water or vegetables stock
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the all the vegetables and leave them to cook until they are soft and turned golden. Add the chorizo and cook for a minute.
Add the lentils and the smoked paprika and stir for just a few more seconds.
Add the water and simmer for 30 mins or until the lentils are tender.
Serve hot (Tip: flavours will be more intense the day after ????)